Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Le Petit Prince

(back to Primer booklist)

Le Petit Prince
, by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

The first time I remember reading this is 11th grade French class, but I have a feeling I also read it when I was much younger. It's a wonderful book for many reasons, but appropriate for the Primer because of both the sense of adventure and the emphasis on the importance of noticing small things that might ordinarily be overlooked. It's also about finding joy in the universe in any way you can.

I don't really have any books to connect to Le Petit Prince. For me, it captures one of those moments of enlightenment when you see the whole world just as it is, and it's glorious. In that way, it makes me think of the movie American Beauty, although American Beauty is darker and for a much older audience than Le Petit Prince.

No comments:

Post a Comment